What to say to someone who had a breakup? Try: “I am so sorry this happened.” Instead Of: “Be positive — you have a bright future ahead of you.” Try: “It’s amazing to see you smile today after all this.” Instead Of: “It’s time to get over it.”
How do I help a friend through a break up over text?
- 1 “How are you really doing?”
- 2 “I’m here for you.”
- 3 “You have every right to feel that way.”
- 4 “Take your time to feel better.”
- 5 “You’re a strong, wonderful person.”
- 6 “It isn’t anybody’s fault.”
- 7 “I’m thinking about you.”
- 8 “What can I do to help?”
How long does it take the average person to get over a breakup? When looking at the timeline of breakups, many sites refer to a “study” that’s actually a consumer poll a market research company conducted on behalf of Yelp. The poll’s results suggest it takes an average of about 3.5 months to heal, while recovering after divorce might take closer to 1.5 years, if not longer.
What is the easiest way to get over a break up?
- Rebuild your self-esteem.
- Try three new places.
- Avoid going after a rebound.
- Take a realistic walk down memory lane.
- Write down all of their negative qualities.
- Do a social media detox.
- Let go of the idea of “closure”
- Focus on things that help you feel grounded.