What is the healthiest way to get over a break up?
- Give yourself some space.
- Keep busy.
- Take time out for you.
- Talk to family, friends, Elders and others who can support you.
- Try not to use alcohol and other drugs to deal with the pain.
- Give it time.
- Try to get regular sleep, stay active and eat well.
Can reading help with a breakup? One not-so-talked-about recovery method includes reading breakup books—yes, you read that correctly. When you’re going through a tough time—whether it’s post break-up or another unsettling life transition—a good book can be an excellent source of comfort and healing.
How do I find myself after a breakup book?
- The Breakup Bible: The Smart Woman’s Guide to Healing from a Breakup or Divorce – Rachel Sussman.
- The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship: A Toltec Wisdom Book – Don Miguel Ruiz.
- Connect: How to Love and Accept Yourself After Divorce – Dawn Burnett.
- Break-up Boss – by Zoe Foster Blake.
How do you heal mentally after a break up?
- Take some time off and let it out.
- Listen to sad music.
- Talk to supportive people.
- Read books about breakups.
- Sleep, eat, and exercise.
- Treat yourself right.
- Meet new people.
- Set firm boundaries.