What is the best advice for a breakup?
- Give yourself some space.
- Keep busy.
- Take time out for you.
- Talk to family, friends, Elders and others who can support you.
- Try not to use alcohol and other drugs to deal with the pain.
- Give it time.
- Try to get regular sleep, stay active and eat well.
How do I reassure my friend after a break up? “You’re getting stronger every minute.” Even though they might not be able to see it, your friend is healing little by little, with every day that goes by. And it might be comforting to remind them of that.
What to advice to a friend who’s broken hearted? Sometimes saying nothing at all—just being there, and offering a few moments of your undivided attention, being quiet, caring, and compassionate—is the best thing you can offer. And to anyone out there who’s currently cradling a broken heart: you’re not alone, you’re going to survive, and I’m right there with you.
How do I comfort my friend?
- Acknowledge Their Feelings.
- Repeat Their Feelings.
- Draw Their Emotions Out.
- Don’t Minimize Their Pain.
- Be There For Them, Right At That Moment.
- Offer Physical Affection, When Appropriate.
- Express Your Support.
- Tell Them They’re Special.