What is an amicable breakup? According to celebrity divorce attorney Vikki Ziegler, “an amicable breakup is when two parties can still communicate with respect, work out their issues, and divide their assets mutually without the need to be hurtful or vengeful.”
Do amicable breakups get back together? As counterintuitive as it may seem, studies have found that the more amicable a breakup is, the less likely the couple is going to get back together.
How do you break up with amicable?
- Tell your BF or GF that you want to talk about something important.
- Start by mentioning something you like or value about the other person.
- Say what’s not working (your reason for the break-up).
- Say you want to break up.
- Say you’re sorry if this hurts.
- Say something kind or positive.
Can you be friends after an amicable breakup? “Yes, it is possible to be friends with an ex right after the breakup, especially if you have had a strong foundation built on friendship before you became lovers,” Celia Schweyer, dating expert at Dating Scout, tells Elite Daily.