What do you say to a friend after a break up paragraph? I’m not saying you should constantly cry over him, nor that you should spend the day brooding. It’s just that it is easier accepting what you’re going through than numbing the pain because once you feel it, hell — it’s going to hurt a whole lot more. Just let me remind you, it wasn’t your fault.
How do I comfort my best friend after a break up?
- Ask what you can do to help, rather than assume you know what they need.
- Help them take care of chores and tasks.
- Be around to help them “reinvent themselves”
- Take care of yourself throughout the process.
- Don’t minimize their emotions with trivializing statements.
What to advice to a friend who’s broken hearted? Heartbreak can stick around for a long time, so don’t expect your friend to be fine after a day or 2. Check in on them regularly and ask them how they are feeling. Always remind them that you are there to help and support them however they need. Don’t wait for them to reach out to you.
How do I comfort my friend?
- Acknowledge Their Feelings.
- Repeat Their Feelings.
- Draw Their Emotions Out.
- Don’t Minimize Their Pain.
- Be There For Them, Right At That Moment.
- Offer Physical Affection, When Appropriate.
- Express Your Support.
- Tell Them They’re Special.