What are the 5 phases of a breakup? Even ifyou were the one who initiated the split, there are five stages ofgrief that you will go through. They are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance, according to Mental-Health-Matters. These are the natural ways for your heart to heal.
What should you not do during a breakup?
- Don’t beg for another chance.
- Get off of social media.
- Revenge is a dish best not served.
- Don’t date or (or marry) the first one to come along.
- Don’t catastrophize.
- Don’t share his/her dirty secrets.
- Alone is oK, isolating is not.
- Don’t turn to substances for support.
What are the 3 stages of a breakup?
- Shock and denial: “She absolutely wouldn’t do this to me.
- Pain and guilt: “How could she do this to me?
- Anger and bargaining: “If she’ll give me another chance, I’ll be a better boyfriend.
- Depression: “I’ll never have another relationship.
How long should a breakup last? Use the 6-Month Rule
Since every person and relationship is different, knowing how long it’ll take to get over a break up can vary—but the six months rule is a good rule of thumb, according to relationship expert Lauren Peacock, author of Female.