Is it okay to break up with someone who still loves you? Though ending a relationship is never fun, you can survive breaking up with someone who loves and cares for you by taking the time to seriously consider your decision, handling the discussion in a mature way, and caring for yourself after the breakup.
How do you get over a broken heart when you still love him?
- Don’t Let Your Emotions Rule.
- Do Take Care of Yourself.
- Don’t Get Stuck in the Past.
- Do Appreciate the Good Memories.
- Don’t Deny Your Needs.
- Do Reevaluate Your Needs.
- Don’t Jump Into a “Rebound” Relationship.
- Do Try Again When You’re Ready.
How do you get over your girlfriend you still love?
- Talk It Out and Let It Go.
- Try Not to Obsess.
- Don’t Haunt Their Social Media Accounts.
- Know Your Worth and Do What You Love.
- Learn Whatever You Can.
- Know That This Is Temporary and You’re Not Alone.
- Get It All Out in Your Journal.
- Meet New People.
How long does it take to get over a breakup when you still love him? Use the 6-Month Rule
Since every person and relationship is different, knowing how long it’ll take to get over a break up can vary—but the six months rule is a good rule of thumb, according to relationship expert Lauren Peacock, author of Female.