Is it okay to break up with a letter? Closure and open communication is important for a clean, healthy breakup and if you don’t think your partner will allow this face-to-face, it may be better to write your thoughts out in a letter. If you’ve only been together for a short time, like a month, then you can probably use a letter.
What makes a good break up letter? Start by acknowledging how great things were once, then let your ex now how you felt at the end. It’s important to show how things fell apart, so your partner is clear. Remember, this letter isn’t about blaming them, just showing what happened. Leave any anger out of it.
What to write to end a relationship?
- My dear (Name) For a few days now, something has been bothering me, and I think I should inform you.
- Dearest (Name) Before I say anything, I must let you know our relationship has been the most important to me, and I respect and love you so much.
- Dear (Name)
What to say to end a relationship?
- Tell your BF or GF that you want to talk about something important.
- Start by mentioning something you like or value about the other person.
- Say what’s not working (your reason for the break-up).
- Say you want to break up.
- Say you’re sorry if this hurts.
- Say something kind or positive.