Is it normal to have regrets after a breakup? When we break up, it’s not unusual to experience a similar kind of rumination, in particular when we aren’t feeling complete and there’s more work yet to be done. It’s normal, in other words, to regret breaking up—even if you’re the one who did the dumping.
How do you know if breaking up was a mistake?
- You didn’t consider your compatibility.
- You miss how you make them feel.
- You broke up because of pressure.
- You miss the ugly part of the relationship.
- You remember your ex when you are having a good time.
- You compare your ex with others.
- You always try to get their attention.
Should I tell my ex I regret breaking up? So, In case someone regrets breaking up with their ex and want to get them back, the best thing to do is to INITIATE. Just go and approach them and tell them your feelings. In case its real love they will accept, if not then you know what junk you got to clear off.
What is breakup remorse? You may be upset over hurting your partner if you feel regrets after a breakup. Shutterstock. As the dumper, you may be feeling regrets after a breakup not for deciding to split, but for “having to hurt that person through the breakup itself,” marriage and family therapist Sophia Reed told Bustle.