Is it normal to feel lonely after breakup? Loneliness is a natural byproduct of any relationship loss. Expect it, but don’t allow it to run your life.
How do you deal with loneliness after a break up?
- Take a walk and admire the beauty of the day.
- Watch your favorite movie or TV show.
- Read a good book while drinking a favorite beverage.
- Spend time with family or friends who support you.
- Pray and/or tap into your spiritual side.
How long should you be alone after a breakup? “Theoretically, I would give two to three months for every year you all were together to process the loss of a relationship, grieve, and pick yourself back up,” she says. In other words, you need solo time to be ready for the next.
Why is it so hard to be alone after a break up? Emotional overdependence is the biggest reason people suffer loneliness after a breakup. When relationship sails smoothly they seclude themselves from everything and want nothing else but their partner and relationship. And, when that partner makes an exit from their life, loneliness comes to haunt them.