How long does it take for a man to get over a breakup? “I try and go by the 6-month rule, which says that for most of us to fully heal, it usually takes around 6 months for every year we are with someone,” Peacock says. For example: If you were with someone for 1 year, it would take 6 months to get over the breakup.
Are breakups harder on guys? When it comes to breakups, we tend to think that women are devastated while men quickly move on. But a new study from researchers at Binghamton University and University College London reveals that breakups actually hit men harder than women.
What are the stages of a breakup for a guy?
- Stage 1- The Ego Comes Alive.
- Stage 2- Man Becomes A Social Animal.
- Stage 3- Realisation Dawns Slowly.
- Stage 4- Anger & Sadness.
- Stage 5- Initial Acceptance.
- Stage 6 – Gaining The Trust & Redirecting Hope.
- Stage 7 – Ready To Take The Leap, Again.
What to do to get over a breakup for guys?
- Admit you’re not fine.
- Stop blaming yourself.
- Block your ex.
- Write down your feelings.
- Don’t go it alone.
- Take it easy on the drinking and partying.
- Go outside.
- See the breakup as a lesson.