How do you mentally take care of yourself after a break up? Prioritize self-care
Each day, do something that: brings you joy (see friends, have a new experience, spend time on your favorite hobby) nurtures you (exercise, meditate, cook a satisfying but healthful meal) helps you process your feelings (make art or music, journal, talk to a therapist or other support person)
Why you should focus on yourself after a breakup? Focusing on yourself and your own goals following a breakup can help you get over your ex faster. It can turn your frustration into something productive.
How long does it take to work on yourself after a breakup? 1. Use the 6-Month Rule. Since every person and relationship is different, knowing how long it’ll take to get over a break up can vary—but the six months rule is a good rule of thumb, according to relationship expert Lauren Peacock, author of Female.
What you should not do after a breakup?
- Actively seeking out the other person.
- Not doing ‘no contact.
- Getting back out there too soon.
- Thinking dating apps will make you feel better.
- Comparing your own experience to other people’s.
- Asking too many people for advice.
- Social media stalking.
- Or even worse, a social media rampage.