How do you mentally survive a breakup?
- Grief is what will heal the wound.
- Experiment with things like journaling or meditation.
- It keeps you stuck.
- It’ll only stall your healing process.
- Try distracting yourself with friends.
- Take up a new hobby.
- Therapy can help you process healthily.
What therapy is used for breakups? “Cognitive behavioral therapy is a therapeutic approach that targets the connection between our thoughts, behaviors, and emotions. so that we can shift from unhelpful and unhealthy patterns into healthier ways of thinking and behaving,” explains Victoria Smith, a licensed therapist based in Los Angeles, California.
What are the three stages of a break up?
- Shock and denial: “She absolutely wouldn’t do this to me.
- Pain and guilt: “How could she do this to me?
- Anger and bargaining: “If she’ll give me another chance, I’ll be a better boyfriend.
- Depression: “I’ll never have another relationship.
What should I do directly after a break up?
- Give yourself some space.
- Keep busy.
- Take time out for you.
- Talk to family, friends, Elders and others who can support you.
- Try not to use alcohol and other drugs to deal with the pain.
- Give it time.
- Try to get regular sleep, stay active and eat well.