How do you fresh start after a break up?
- Talk about your breakup — but make sure it’s a constructive conversation.
- Socialize with a supportive group of friends.
- Beware of social media.
- Write down what you learned from the relationship.
- Practice gratitude.
What do you do the first week after a break up? Try doing something social, even if it’s just for an hour. Go to dinner with friends or try out a happy hour. If the thought of socializing completely exhausts you, just ask someone to go see a movie with you. That way you’re still around people without having to actually talk to them.
Whats the hardest part of a breakup? The death of a future you imagined for yourself with your ex, one that you probably imagined together, can be one of the most difficult things to come to terms with after a break-up. It makes your present that much harder to get through (see above). It’s OK to mourn and grieve the loss of that future.
What you should not do after a breakup?
- Actively seeking out the other person.
- Not doing ‘no contact.
- Getting back out there too soon.
- Thinking dating apps will make you feel better.
- Comparing your own experience to other people’s.
- Asking too many people for advice.
- Social media stalking.
- Or even worse, a social media rampage.