How do you comfort someone after a break up?
8 Ways to Help a Friend Through a Breakup
- Ask what you can do to help, rather than assume you know what they need.
- Help them take care of chores and tasks.
- Be around to help them “reinvent themselves”
- Take care of yourself throughout the process.
- Don’t minimize their emotions with trivializing statements.
What to say to cheer someone up after a breakup?
Here are a few text ideas.
- “Want to spend a day away from social media with me?”
- “If there’s anything you want to do, just tell me and we’ll do it!”
- “Your feelings are valid.”
- “You might act out of character right now, but give yourself some grace.
- “I’ll check in on you again tomorrow!”
What not to say to someone who is going through a breakup?
Here are some of the unhelpful statements you might hear after a breakup or divorce:
- Get over it.
- Don’t feel bad.
- There are other fish in the sea.
- It was for the best.
- You’re too good for him.
- You just need a distraction.
- It just takes time.
- You’re in the anger stage of grief.
What do you say to comfort a broken heart?
What to say
- “Heartache is so painful.
- “You don’t have to go through this alone.
- “You can text me anytime you want.
- “If you want to call me and cry, vent, talk about your ex, or talk about something completely different, anything you need, just call.”
- “Every relationship is different and every break-up is different.