How do I politely break up with my boyfriend?
- Tell your BF or GF that you want to talk about something important.
- Start by mentioning something you like or value about the other person.
- Say what’s not working (your reason for the break-up).
- Say you want to break up.
- Say you’re sorry if this hurts.
- Say something kind or positive.
How do you start off a breakup letter? Start by acknowledging how great things were once, then let your ex now how you felt at the end. It’s important to show how things fell apart, so your partner is clear. Remember, this letter isn’t about blaming them, just showing what happened. Leave any anger out of it.
What is the most touching breakup message? I loved you and I wish you would have done the same. I am not sad because you broke up, I am sad because you found reasons to break things up. I hope you find your happiness in someone else. A piece of thought to you doesn’t ruin somebody else’s life like you did to me because someone may not be as strong as I am.
Is it OK to write a breakup letter? Closure and open communication is important for a clean, healthy breakup and if you don’t think your partner will allow this face-to-face, it may be better to write your thoughts out in a letter. If you’ve only been together for a short time, like a month, then you can probably use a letter.