Does reading help with heartbreak? One not-so-talked-about recovery method includes reading breakup books—yes, you read that correctly. When you’re going through a tough time—whether it’s post break-up or another unsettling life transition—a good book can be an excellent source of comfort and healing.
What are the 5 stages after a breakup? Even ifyou were the one who initiated the split, there are five stages ofgrief that you will go through. They are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance, according to Mental-Health-Matters. These are the natural ways for your heart to heal.
How do you move on from a break up book?
- Attached by Amir Levine.
- Rising Strong by Brené Brown.
- Self-Compassion by Dr.
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chödrön.
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb.
- BreakUp and BreakOut by Rachel Thomasian and Valentina Setteducate.
What should I do directly after a break up?
- Give yourself some space.
- Keep busy.
- Take time out for you.
- Talk to family, friends, Elders and others who can support you.
- Try not to use alcohol and other drugs to deal with the pain.
- Give it time.
- Try to get regular sleep, stay active and eat well.